College News

Picture of Sister Marion Tran
Religion
by Sister Marion Tran - Wednesday, 8 April 2020, 10:31 AM

A prayer for the world

Dear God,

You have blessed us with so much and I am grateful for it. In this difficult time you might be prayed to a lot, but dear God please listen to what I have to say.

Please look after the clergy - that they can be able to connect with their parish. That they might be a witness to Christ’s love. 

Look after the people who are suffering from coronavirus - that they will become cured and won’t die from it.

Look after the people who are homeless and have nothing to eat - that people will give up their own belongings and give it to a fundraiser that will give it to them. That homeless people won’t feel like they have nothing and that people won’t judge them. That they will get the support that they need.

Look after the people who have lost their jobs due to this crisis - that they will find a way to gain money and that they get the support they need.

Look after the police and defense force - that they might be strong when people disrespect them and hope that they won’t be affected by the coronavirus.

Look after the political parties - that they will make the right decisions and help our world become a safer environment.

Look after our front line medical teams - that they will have the courage to keep on doing what they can and will save many people's lives. That they will have the strength to fight the coronavirus inside of them, if they get it.

And most importantly please, look after us, your children.

I make this prayer through Christ our Lord,

Amen

By Jacinta Taylor